JOHN 1:1-2 (NIV)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.
Jesus is the eternal Word, who took on flesh and blood, so that we could witness God’s glory.
- God chose to be revealed in the person of Jesus Christ.
- The Word of God was not separate from God.
- Jesus Christ, the Word, is eternal.
- Creation is God’s general revelation, but Jesus Christ is God’s personal message of love to us.
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Word who reveals the life and light of God to this dark world.
- As the Word, Jesus shows our responsibility to God.
- Because He existed in the beginning with God.
- Because He is the eternal Word of God.
- Because He is our hope.
- Because He is our light.
- To know God, look to Jesus.