Acts 3:19 (NIV)
Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the LORD.
There will come a time of refreshing—
- It will be a time with Jesus face-to-face
- It will be a time when everything will be restored to beauty, goodness and truth
- This all comes for the glory of God
- God fulfills promises in spite of, and sometimes even through, the opposition of people.
- God wipes away all the sins of people who repent and turn to Jesus Christ.
- God will one day establish the Kingdom of Christ on the earth.
- Let no one expect to be forgiven of their sin, except by believing in, and receiving Jesus Christ as their wisdom, righteousness and redemption.
- In respect to our fallen nature, it is reassuring to know that Jesus Christ restores us!
- Inward transformation leads to outward expression.
- Some search for satisfaction in people, pleasure or possessions, but there is no refreshing apart from a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Think about how many people you know who are burdened with guilt, or bound by fear, or enslaved to sinful habits, or shackled with bad attitudes. They are not living in the freedom that Jesus Christ died for.
- We are called to be people who live in the freedom that knowing Jesus Christ as LORD and Savior brings into our lives.