MATTHEW 18:19 (NIV)
“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.”
When we approach God, in agreement, for that which is consistent with the will and glory of God, rest assured that it will be done.
- There are themes of forgiveness, restoration and reconciliation with a brother or sister who has sinned against you or who has gone astray.
- Jesus is Immanuel, “God with us.” God is with us in our church community and God’s message is one of reconciliation, not retaliation.
- Jesus promises His presence to His followers so that when we gather in His Name, He is with us.
- Dialogue is essential to achieving consensus.
- Those involved in a reconciliation process, based upon God’s Word, can rest assured that God’s presence is with them in their efforts.
- When Christians believe and fully trust God and each other, harmonious relationships develop.
- In order to achieve victory over conflict, trust Jesus and seek His wisdom.
- Jesus promises His continuing presence.
- Whether we are the offended or the offender, we are to take the initiative to encourage reconciliation.