I HEAR YOU
HEBREWS 4:16 (NIV)
Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
We are not trapped—say “no” to that lie.
We need help—we don’t deserve it.
We have help through Jesus Christ.
- We have a great High Priest—Jesus Christ.
- Jesus sympathizes with our weaknesses because He was tempted, yet remained without sin.
- In our time of need, we can approach God’s throne boldly to obtain mercy and grace.
- In spite of the fact that we do not deserve it, God has freely imparted favor upon our lives.
- God extends charis (grace) when we are guilty and eleos (mercy) when we are miserable.
- No greater encouragement exists than that of the mercy and grace God promises, based upon Christ having loved us to the point of suffering and death.
- Every time we go to God in prayer, we are approaching God’s throne of grace.
- Let us move towards the throne with confidence––ready to speak, realizing it is quite a privilege!
- Because Jesus has experienced all the pain and conflicts of life, He is both qualified and eager to give us help at the right time and in the right way.