PHILIPPIANS 3:1 (NIV)
Further, my brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you.
To rejoice in the Lord is to have joy resulting from confidence in salvation that is based solely upon the righteousness of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Sustainability exists in Christian joy because it originates in the Lord.
- The truths of Christianity do not change and they cannot be heard too often.
- Righteousness comes from casting oneself freely upon the grace of God.
- The joy of knowing Christ is possible only through knowledge of the Gospel.
- We miss out on the joy and power of knowing Christ when we put our confidence in our own righteousness and not in His.
- Christ provides His perfect righteousness by faith so that He might be known by the power of His resurrection.
- Placing confidence in self, rather than in Jesus Christ, negatively impacts joy in Christ, perseverance in Christ and relationship with Christ.
- Righteousness from God actually achieves that which is attempted through one’s own efforts.
- We rob ourselves of true joy when we crave anything or anyone more than Jesus Christ.
- Rejoice in the Lord!