LEADERSHIP TRAINING MEDITATION
Philippians 1:6 (NIV)
Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
God began a good work in you — saving you and beginning to make you more like Christ Jesus — God will
certainly complete that work.
• The focus of Paul’s joy is that the Philippians have shared, and continue to share, the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
• Paul is addressing a community where God has worked powerfully in their lives to change and transform them,
causing an overflow of love.
• Paul’s hope is that their deep and passionate commitment to this love is so intense and blemish-free that when the day of Christ comes, their devotion to Him proves to be complete and sincere.
• Christians should not function like a thermometer, which simply reflects the surrounding conditions, but should be more like a thermostat, which alters those conditions.
• Do not doubt the passion and ability of God to fulfill the plans of God for your life.
• How does the knowledge that God will finish the work began in you encourage you to persevere today, this week, this month?
• God’s promise is safe, hopeful and unwavering when:
– We are confronted with our own sin and need
– All around us seems shaky and unsure
– Satan’s lies try to seduce or shame us
– We are in the midst of temptation, weakness or pain
– We need motivation to press forward
• Talk with someone about the ample evidence that causes you to rejoice and have confidence that God is at work in your life.