LEADERSHIP TRAINING MEDITATION
BE STRONG AND COURAGEOUS
Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV)
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
If you are willing to seek God as the source for direction in your life, God won’t let you down.
• The Israelites were informed of a huge change that was ahead of them—Moses, the man who had led them through thick and thin, would no longer be their leader.
• Moses, however, assures the people that God will go ahead of them and continue to be with them.
• God also tells the new leader, Joshua, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Joshua 1:5)
• Leaders need encouragement too—Moses’ encouragement of Joshua helped him have greater confidence in God.
• No one is indispensable, change happens, but while the opportunity is yet available, be faithful in serving as God leads.
• Leaders are not perfect, only forgiven.
• Yes, changing circumstances can be intimidating, but God does not want us to live in fear.
• Being in the right place at the right time…some call it luck, others call it fate, but for believers, it could only be God!
• We have a God who will never desert us, especially during those most difficult moments.