LEADERSHIP TRAINING MEDITATION
1 PETER 5:6 (NIV)
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.
It is better to humble oneself than to have God do it for you, and it could be a lot less painful too.
• Those who God calls to shepherd a flock should exercise proper oversight with attentiveness and love.
• The Christian life is not a solo act, but one in which there is care, prayer and encouragement for each other.
• Satan is roaming about, ready to spring upon anyone in an instant. Who are the most vulnerable? Those who separate from the flock.
• Make it a practice to consistently show respect to everyone.
• God will resist the proud, but readily extend grace to those who show remorse and are humble in spirit.
• Walk in victory because of all that Jesus Christ accomplished for you at Calvary.
• If we humble ourselves, God will someday exalt us.
• We are unable to adequately carry our own anxieties; allow God to carry them for you.
• The Great Shepherd, Jesus Christ, always provides safety and protection for His flock.