MONTHLY TRAINING MEDITATION
Matthew 9:37-38 (NIV)
Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”
Main Idea— This is a command to ask the Lord to send more workers. It is a call to pray that the workers who are needed will be chosen and sent by God.
• Jesus is very disturbed because He sees multitudes of people who need somebody to care for and to show them the way to true life.
• Jesus took the initiative. He didn’t expect people to come to Him; it was He who pursued them.
• Jesus gives us three ways to reach the lost: praying, sending, and going; all will pray, some will send, and some will go.
• Prayer is the essential first step in reaching the lost. It is a joining of our plea with the compassion of Christ.
• There are plenty of people who need the Lord and need to know about Jesus Christ and what He has done for them. The harvest is plenteous; let’s get busy!
• We need to do as Jesus did. Jesus ministered to people’s physical and spiritual needs.
• When we think of evangelism and witnessing, the focal point should not be on an agenda; our real focal point needs to be on people.
• Do we feel compassion for the lost, or do we shrug them off and think, “It’s their own fault”?
• Often, those who are lost seem to be fairly “together.” How can we make an opening for the Gospel with people who don’t seem to sense their need for it?