LEADERSHIP TRAINING MEDITATION
PSALM 106:1 (NIV)
“Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.”
To needy people like us, the goodness of God should generate praise and that praise should take the form of gratitude.
• This psalm is directed to Israel, a special people—chosen, but sinful; forgiven and redeemed.
• God gives in goodness, and forgives in mercy, and is therefore to be thanked.
• This is applicable now as much as ever; our story is in many ways, a photocopy of Israel’s story of disobedience.
• The depth of human sin is very great; the depth of God’s mercy is even greater.
• There are people who sing God’s praise only until difficulties come—then they turn away from God.
• As a believer, remain consistent in praising God at all times because God’s love is forever, even in the middle of trouble.
• Let us never be slow to return praise to God, to offer thanks is the least we can do because God’s mercy endures forever.
• Giving thanks to God is not adding something to our goodness, it is only allowing God’s goodness to shine through us.
• Experience the joy of God’s plan of salvation on a daily basis!