LEADERSHIP TRAINING MEDITATION
THE BLOOD OF CHRIST
Matthew 26:28 (NIV)
This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
• In the Old Testament, God offered a way for the forgiveness of sins; the death of an animal instead of a person.
• A sacrifice was God’s way of teaching us about the seriousness of sin.
• The requirement of a blood sacrifice for sin was ultimately fulfilled in Jesus Christ, who is the Sacrifice for our sins, once and for all.
• Instead of using a club to beat us into obedience, God lays down the club completely to offer Christ’s blood that was shed for our forgiveness and pardon.
• What have you done that is too great for Christ’s payment through His suffering on the cross? Nothing.
• This news is almost too good to be true, but it is the message of grace!