LEADERSHIP TRAINING MEDITATION
2 CORINTHIANS 3:17 (NIV)
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
God does not want us in bondage to self-effort;
instead God wants us to allow the Holy Spirit freedom to work in our lives.
Paul contrasts the Old and New Covenants:
• written on tablets of stone
• brought death
• came with glory
• written on the heart
• gives life
• brings righteousness
• lasts forever
• came with even more glory
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom…
• to belong
• to serve
• to be guided
• to witness
• to learn
• to produce
God never intended for us to live self-defeating lives. Instead, God wants the freedom of the Holy Spirit working in our lives every day.
• Because the Holy Spirit is present within us, all we need to do is embrace and receive the Spirit by faith.
• Liberty is the right to discipline ourselves so that there is no need to be disciplined by others.
• When believers live the Gospel, non-believers will be more apt to listen to the Gospel.